Putting Political Will into Action: Public-Private Partnership to End TB
Join Us for a Side Event on TB at UNGA
On September 26, 2018, during the United Nations General Assembly week in New York City, heads of state will gather to endorse the anticipated Political Declaration on TB that will form the basis for future responses to the disease. The UN High-Level Meeting on TB is the first of its kind and the most significant political meeting ever held to make ending TB a priority.
On the margins of the High-Level Meeting, MSH and PATH will co-host a side event to raise awareness on the need for political and financial commitments to end TB. Hear from leading voices in TB, government, and the public sector on solution-oriented strategies to leverage political will, create effective partnerships, and secure financial commitments to end TB.
- Marian W. Wentworth, President and CEO, MSH
- Keynote Speaker:
- Hon. Dr. Ferozuddin Feroz, Afghanistan's Minister of Health
- Hon. Dr. Jane Ruth Aceng, Uganda's Minister of Health
- Dr. Vanessa Kerry, CEO and Founder, Seed Global Health
- Dr. Joanne Carter, Executive Director, RESULTS and Vice Chair, Stop TB Partnership
- Pedro Suarez, MD, Senior Director, Infectious Disease Cluster, MSH
- Dr. Lal Sadasivan, TB Technical Director, HIV/TB Global Program, PATH
- Khuat Thi Hai Oanh, Executive Director, Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives
- Alberto Colorado, Patient Advocate and International Public Health Consultant, Americas TB Coalition Coordinator
Refreshments: 2:30-3:00 pm | Program: 3:00-4:30 pm | Networking: 4:30-5:00 pm