MSH has been a leader in pharmaceutical systems strengthening for more than two decades, in projects spanning more than 50 countries.
Our approach to strengthening pharmaceutical systems for sustainability promotes country ownership and self-reliance by building on existing systems, supporting country-led coordination, and optimizing allocation and use of resources for medicines and related services.
Our work includes:
- Optimizing pharmaceutical-sector financing, including resource allocation and use
- Strengthening pharmaceutical-sector leadership and governance and establishing sound policies and legislation
- Increasing institutional and human resource capacity for pharmaceutical management and services
- Strengthening pharmaceutical regulatory systems
- Increasing the availability and use of pharmaceutical information for decision making
- Improving pharmaceutical services, including product availability and patient-centered care, to achieve health outcomes