Ensuring that patients have continuous access to tuberculosis (TB) treatment requires complex projections and calculations by program staff. It is becoming more challenging to make these predictions because new diagnostic devices rapidly increase the number of individuals diagnosed, which impacts the quantity of medicines needed. In addition, when treatment regimens change because new medicines or guidelines are introduced, national programs must carefully plan how to phase medicines in and out to minimize stock-outs or expiries. Frequent quantification and vigilant stock management are vital to ensuring that appropriate types and quantities of medicines are available to meet the evolving needs of TB programs as they scale up treatment.
What is QuanTB?
QuanTB is an electronic quantification and early warning system designed to improve procurement processes, ordering, and supply planning for tuberculosis (TB) treatment. When used on a regular basis, QuanTB serves as an early warning system by providing information on actual versus planned consumption, impending expiries, and stock-outs of medicines. Frequent quantification and vigilant stock management are vital to ensuring that appropriate types and quantities of medicines are available to meet the evolving needs of TB programs as they scale up treatment.
QuanTB is available in English, Russian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese.
QuanTB 5.0 Features
- Ability to work under the currently supported Java. The previous versions can work only in outdated Java 7; the current version can work only on 64-bit computers.
- The software library responsible for calculation now is self-sufficient. It allows sharing the same forecast calculation codes with the QuanTB Collector.
- In the calculation software library, calculation precision is sufficiently improved. The improvement is using high precision decimal numbers instead of traditional float. This improvement is possible because of 64-bit calculations. The quantification is more precise compare to versions 4.1, 4.2.
- Completely new User Interface software library. The previous one is not supported by the manufacturer. Therefore, the User Interface is slightly changed.
- Possibility to mark orders as GDF managed
- New “Quantity likely to expiry” tab
- The new column in “Medicine detail report” allows tracking of min and max stock constraints.
Download Version 5.0
QuanTB User’s Guides and Installation Instructions
An e-course for health professionals on how to use QuanTB, a downloadable forecasting, quantification and early warning tool for TB medicines.
For more information, please contact email@example.com. View more pharmaceutical and supply chain management tools at https://www.mtapsprogram.org/tools/.