2nd Annual Pandemic & Biosecurity Policy Conference
Coming Threats from Pandemics and International Health/Biosecurity
Come hear experts address gaps in preparedness and the major risks ahead.
Coffee, tea, and light breakfast provided.
The event will feature globally renowned pandemic and health security experts testifying to the gaps in our nation’s response plans and identifying specific policy changes and reforms necessary to improve pandemic and international health security response strategies.
- Senator Thomas A. Daschle, Member, Blue Ribbon Panel on Biodefense
- Robert Kadlec, MD, MTM&H, MS, Assistant Secretary of HHS for Preparedness and Response
Featured Panelists and Respondents
- Dr. Gerald Parker, Associate Dean, Global One Health, Texas A&M University;
- Dr. Mukesh Chawla, Advisor on Health, Nutrition, and Population to The World Bank Group;
- Dr. Rebecca Katz, Co-Director, Center for Global Health Science and Security at Georgetown Univ.;
- Mr. Patrick Fine, CEO of FHI 360;
- Dr. Guy Vernat, CEO of the Merieux Foundation USA;
- Dr. Jonathan Quick, pandemic expert and author of new book entitled “The End of Epidemics;”
- Dr. Lindsey Shields, Smithsonian Institution on May 18th Opening of new “Outbreak” exhibit;
- Dr. Joseph Fair, Research Professor and Senior Fellow at the Scowcroft Institute;
- Ms. Kathleen FitzGibbon, Director, Office of Africa Analysis, U.S. Department of State; and
- Mr. Peter Morris, Div. Director for Preparedness, USAID/OFDA;
- Dr. David Brett-Major, Assist. Prof. of Prev. Medicine & Biostatistics, Uniformed Services University.